Smithers Rapra is Europe’s leading independent plastics and rubber specialist organisation, providing technology and information services for polymer-related industries. Smithers Pira provides technical and consulting services to businesses throughout the packaging and paper supply chain. We take pride in our scientific excellence and our commitment to customer service across the Medical, Pharmaceutical, Automotive, Transportation and FMCG sectors.
Reporting into the Vice President (Europe) a unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Business Partner to join a growing global organisation. This is an exciting time to join the organisation as the role holder will continue work on business improvement initiatives to achieve operational excellence as well as being central to supporting the 5 year growth plans.
Covering two sites, in Shrewsbury and Leatherhead, you will play a pivotal role within the business working closely with the VP and senior stakeholders to drive and implement a HR strategy which aligns with business need. You will build strong stakeholder relationships across the business and develop the credibility required in order to implement key initiatives to support growth. As a true business partner you will have the ability to understand the business need and effectively coach and support senior leaders and managers in achievement of their people related goals, all whilst working with a strong commercial mindset.
As the primary contact, you will provide full generalist HR support in accordance with UK employment law. This includes, but is not limited to, organisation design and planning, reward & recognition, employee engagement, talent management, performance management, risk & succession planning and recruitment. You will also have active involvement in global HR projects across the wider Smithers Group as part of the Global HR team.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally be CIPD qualified, or equivalent.
- Have established experience as a strong HR generalist which has required building effective stakeholder relations within a commercial organisation, ideally in the service sector.
- Be highly effective in working as a true business partner with senior stakeholders in driving the people agenda across the business.
- Have demonstrable competence in a full breadth of HR generalist areas, including organisation design, reward & recognition, talent management, risk & succession planning, performance management, learning and development and recruitment.
- Have the gravitas to contribute at a senior level within the business.
- Be used to managing their time effectively to meet the needs of the business, be highly driven and self motivated and have a strong commercial mindset in your approach.
As a global employer we offer a generous benefit package incorporating private healthcare, pension, 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays per annum.
Interested? Then we invite you to send a current CV and a covering letter quoting reference number 38/18. Please visit www.smithers.com for further details about The Smithers Group.
Smithers Rapra & Smithers Pira Limited is an equal opportunities employer.