Smithers Rapra is Europe’s leading independent plastics and rubber specialist organisation, providing technology and information services for polymer-related industries. Smithers Pira provides technical and consulting services to businesses throughout the packaging and paper supply chain.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT Manager who is looking to grow their systems or development experience within a growing global organisation.
In the role of IT Manager your duties will include:
- Leading IT operational planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organising and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Establishing IT partner relationships with operating departments and other support groups.
- Benchmarking, analysing, reporting on, and making recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Managing financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Developing and implementing all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, mobile devices and other peripherals.
- Overseeing the provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and upgrading the Microsoft Windows based application and SQL database systems, including customer relations and laboratory management systems.
- Gaining the proficiency in provision of IT support for validation projects of new and current information systems.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience with networking and data security protocols and systems such as HP ProCurve and Sonic Wall firewalls.
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Windows servers, operating systems and networking hardware & related systems.
- Experience in IT infrastructure support, maintenance & systems development.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Extensive experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn the support & maintenance of validated, information systems.
In addition it would be advantageous to have experience with:
- Virtual desktop and server technologies
- Laboratory based computing environments along with GMP, GAMP 5 or other laboratory related compliance frameworks.
As a global employer we offer a generous benefit package to all our employees incorporating private healthcare, pension, 25 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays and flexible working hours, which includes an early finish on a Friday!
Interested? Then we invite you to send a current CV and a covering letter quoting reference number 7-9.
Smithers Rapra & Smithers Pira Limited is an equal opportunities employer.