Smithers Rapra is Europe’s leading independent plastics and rubber specialist organisation, providing technology and information services for polymer-related industries. We take pride in our scientific excellence and our commitment to customer service.
Due to growth a new position for a Laboratory Manager is required to lead our Product Testing department at our site in Shawbury. Our physical testing laboratory conducts mechanical testing for a wide range of industries, including automotive, aerospace and industrial.
Reporting in to the Operations Director you will be responsible for leading and motivating a small but growing testing team. Key result areas include:
- the maintenance of existing accreditations and compliance required for business operations
- championing testing and operational best practices
- actively participating in driving actions to realise sustainable growth and department objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
- A scientific or engineering degree.
- A minimum of 8 years of direct work experience in an industrial or testing environment within an ISO17025 or similar quality system.
- 4+ years’ experience in the Automotive, Industrial, Engineering, or related industry, with a mix of development and manufacturing operations.
- Proven experience in a management role with demonstrable capability of leading and motivating a team.
- Strong Commercial acumen with experience of directly engaging existing clients and prospects.
As a global employer we offer a generous benefit package incorporating private healthcare, pension, 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays per annum.
Interested? Then we invite you to send a current CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 37/18 or click APPLY NOW. Please visit www.smithers.com for further details about The Smithers Group.
Smithers Rapra Limited is an equal opportunities employer.