Smithers Rapra is Europe’s leading independent plastics, rubber and composites specialist organisation, providing technology and information services for plastics and rubber related industries.
This is an exciting role within a highly respected laboratory and offers great opportunity to lead our polymer testing and plastics processing services at our Shrewsbury site.
As Laboratory Manager your main responsibilities will be;
- To lead a highly effective and motivated multifunction team
- To continually identify opportunities for revenue and to deliver growth through the development of the laboratory service offering and in line with client need.
- Actively participate in the execution of marketing and sales events that drive business growth
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- This is a customer facing role and therefore you must have demonstrated ability of combining technical expertise with commercial acumen.
- Enthusiastic and experienced in the field, with specialism in polymer materials and characterisation testing of materials.
- You will have both the ability to identify and deliver on opportunities for revenue growth.
- You will be metric driven and results oriented, with the determination and extensive technical knowledge to drive and deliver operational change and efficiency improvement.
- You must be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering or science subject, with experience in polymer materials testing.
- You must have at least 5 years experience in leading an experienced and professional team of materials testing Technicians and Engineers
- Technical sales experience, test costing and test proposal writing is a positive advantage.
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter and a copy of your current CV to HR Assistant, Smithers Rapra, Shawbury, Shropshire, SY4 4NR or APPLY NOW
Please quote reference no; 06/19
Smithers is an equal opportunities employer.