Part of the global Smithers Group, Smithers Rapra is Europe’s leading independent plastics and rubber specialist organisation, providing testing and consultancy services for polymer-related industries.
We are seeking a maintenance engineer to schedule and undertake a wide range of maintenance and breakdown activities at our EU headquarters in Shropshire.
Reporting to the VP & General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Undertaking and coordinating preventive and reactive maintenance tasks that ensure business continuity.
- Identifying, prioritising and executing maintenance tasks over multiple-disciplines.
- Participating in the scheduling, communication and delivery of effective preventive maintenance.
- Taking an active role in ensuring that appropriate contractors are selected, inducted to site and deliver their service safely.
- Participating and contributing to improving site safety and efficiency.
The successful candidate will:
- Be multi skilled with hands-on capability and knowledge in both mechanical and electrical disciplines and have experience with facility and site plant and equipment.
- Hold a formal engineering qualification (BTEC / NVQIII or above).
- Possess generalist capabilities in areas such as electrical, plumbing, mechanical engineering, joinery.
- Be a proactive team player who enjoys building relationships, you will also possess a high commitment to best health and safety practice.
If you feel that you meet our requirements, we would like you to apply! Please send a current CV and a covering letter stating the job ref 17-19 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit www.smithersrapra.com for further details about Smithers Rapra.
Smithers Rapra is an equal opportunities employer.