Smithers Rapra is Europe’s leading independent plastics and rubber specialist organisation, providing technology and information services for polymer-related industries.
The Consultancy team provide expertise in the field of rubber and plastics and provide our clients with support and guidance throughout their polymer product lifecycle. The team provide in-depth scientific and technical understanding, with the skills to undertake entire product design and development programmes, failure diagnosis and product improvements.
A unique opportunity has arisen to join our team of highly experienced Consultants to support our clients on a wide range of project types from large complex multi-client to rapid-response troubleshooting.
The main responsibilities of this senior position include:
- Identifying opportunities and winning plastics consultancy technical projects to meet client needs.
- Undertaking the technical and financial project management of project work to ensure smooth transition from proposal to delivery to client.
- Preparing high quality technical reports and presentations.
- Providing technical expert support to the Consultancy team for their specialised areas of knowledge.
- Participating in the development and delivery of in-house and off site customer polymer technical training courses.
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- A Graduate with a sound technical ability in plastics technology, ideally holding a Higher Postgraduate Qualification such as a MSc or PhD
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Thrive in a challenging, diverse and interactive environment meeting customer requirements to business goals
- High commercial awareness with the ability to demonstrate the management of project work
- Ability to innovate products and services they offer to match market needs
- Experience of delivering technical presentations/training in polymer technology
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a customer facing plastics technical or consultancy role
As a global employer we offer a generous benefit package to all our employees incorporating private healthcare, pension, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
Interested? Then we invite you to send a current CV and a covering letter quoting reference number 35/18. Please visit www.smithers.com for further details about The Smithers Group.
Smithers Rapra & Smithers Pira Limited is an equal opportunities employer.