Smithers Rapra and Smithers Pira Ltd is a leading independent service provider for the Medical Device industry specialising in testing, consultancy, information and training services.
We provide expert support to help clients prove compliance to a range of international standards, including FDA, MHRA, USP, ASTM and ISO. Our experts have a wealth of experience in medical device testing and provide analytical support across the medical device supply chain.
Due to ongoing growth within the department a new opportunity has arisen within our Medical Device Testing Group. This role is ideal for a Scientist who wants to develop their skills within a new team in a growing market. The department focusses on both standard and non-standard testing on a wide range of drug delivery devices, accessories and packaging to ensure that products are safe and fit for use.
You will be responsible for:
- Carrying out multiple testing programs and provide high quality data on time to project leaders.
- Working within a highly regulated environment, supporting the balidation of equipment, test methods and procedures
- Leading and supporting project planning, protocol/report writing and data analysis ativities
- Contributing towards the efficient organisation of equipment and resources.
You will be working within a fast paced environment supporting the continuous work flow of the department, serving the global pharmaceutical industry.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of Degree in a Science or Engineering based field, where experience within a medical device or pharmaceutical testing laboratory is required.
- Some hands on experience of working within a physical testing or decive testing laboratory is prefered
- Have experience of working on multiple projects, documenting activities and writing experiment reports.
- Be computer literate, particularly in Excel and Word and have the ability to analyse, interpret data and compile subsequent reports
- Enjoy problem solving, being hands on and have a passion for the physical sciences.
- Be a strong team player, have a methodical approach and have the ability to plan, organise and manage your own workload.
As a global employer we offer a generous benefit package to all our employees incorporating private healthcare, pension, 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays and flexible working hours which includes an early finish on a Friday!
Interested? Then we invite you to send a current CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 8-19. Please visit www.smithers.com for further details about The Smithers Group.
Smithers Rapra & Smithers Pira Limited is an equal opportunities employer.