Salary: Competitive plus benefits Location: Shropshire
Smithers Rapra is Europe’s leading independent plastics and rubber specialist organisation, providing technology and information services for polymer-related industries.
Due to growth, we are seeking a new Senior Test Engineer to join our Product Testing Department, who wants to develop their skills and progress within a successful global business. Alongside tyres and wheels, we also provide testing and consultative support for a range of automotive components. Our technical support services are world leading and include failure diagnosis, design and process optimisation and material analysis.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting up and performing test programmes efficiently and on time, providing quality data and technical reports on time.
- The designing and building of test rigs and testing equipment.
- Liaising with clients on testing requirements and progress.
- Assisting in the development of new test methods.
- Supporting the maintenance and efficient organisation of equipment resources.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of design and/or installation of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems. Knowledge of electrical systems, building and PLC programming a distinct advantage.
- Have demonstrated competence in mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problem solving.
- Have experience in using production, testing or maintenance machinery.
- Have experience or knowledge of stress and fatigue testing using fluid pressure pulsation, flow, environmental chambers and vibration tables.
- Be computer literate, demonstrating good competence in Excel, Word, Outlook, plus the ability to learn in-house systems.
- Have proven excellent communication skills whilst liaising with internal and external clients, plus has proven ability in translating lab data into meaningful commentary for clients.
- Have obtained a HNC, HND, BTEC or higher in a technical related subject, ideally in engineering, physics or material science.
As a global employer we offer a generous benefit package to all our employees incorporating private healthcare, pension, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and flexible working hours which includes an early finish on a Friday!
Interested? Then we invite you to send a current CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 1-19. Please visit www.smithers.com for further details about The Smithers Group.
Smithers Rapra & Smithers Pira Limited is an equal opportunities employer.