Our goals are that our employees:
- Have the opportunity for a balanced work life
- Own and drive their professional development
- Have fun at work
- Understand that we want to support their personal dreams and ambitions as best we can
We have numerous examples of providing study assistance in support of people’s career aspirations to achieve technical or professional qualifications. Along with taking formal training courses, our people are also encouraged to think more broadly about their development, this has involved getting involved in a wider variety of projects as well as using the latest technologies and techniques.
We actively encourage career development and support those who want to develop within the Smithers family. We have numerous examples of progression throughout the business.
Developing our People - Opportunities for continuous personal development & growth
The Smithers culture encourages personal and professional growth through creating opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis.
We place a great emphasis on developing our culture, leadership and people management skills. We have invested heavily in development programs, certifications, professional memberships, education reimbursement and more. Our Smithers University Management and Executive Leadership Development Program not only helps managers improve their effectiveness as business leaders but also as coaches of their employees.
What We Offer:
- Smithers University group leadership development programs at both Junior Manager and Senior Management levels
- Executive coaching and mentoring
- Work based projects and opportunities to work with teams on cross departmental strategic projects
- Focused career discussions with career paths offering both vertical and horizontal development paths
- Entrepreneurial culture with a consistent variety of challenging assignments
- Opportunities to learn directly from senior leadership on a global basis
- Educational assistance/sponsorship to study for work related qualifications; we recognise that the skills and knowledge of our employees are critical to the success of the organization. The educational assistance program encourages personal development through formal education so that employees can maintain and improve job related skills or enhance their ability to compete for reasonably attainable jobs within the company
- Specific technical training with both internal and external providers
- Opportunities to attend international scientific conferences and scientifc lectures and best practice presentations to regularly build and maintain future knowledge
- Industry webinars
- The Smithers annual performance review process provides the opportunity to produce personal development plans and regularly review career development opportunities and next role aspirations