Moulded fibre is a well-established part of the packaging market, dominating applications like egg cartons and medical trays for many years. Key packaging industry drivers today, such as growing sustainability and the rise of e-commerce, present opportunities for moulded fibre packaging to grow in importance.
Packaging users are keen to explore solutions that are robust and practical for shopping in the e-commerce distribution chain. For instance, making moulded pulp relevant in a wide range of fast-moving consumer goods areas and beyond; whilst the sustainability profile and perception of plant-based packaging options like moulded pulp can capitalise on negative perceptions of plastic packaging among consumers at the moment.
Smithers’ new study quantifies the market (volume and value) and forecasts growth over the next five years based on extensive primary research. The study also outlines the competitive landscape, regulatory environment, and forecasts technology developments and scenarios to 2025. It provides analysis of the drivers for adoption and potential inhibitors of growth for moulded fibre packaging.
By purchasing this cutting-edge report, you will discover:
- Key growing end-use applications
- Key economic drivers and trends that are influencing future demand
- How COVID-19 has impacted the market
- What are the unmet needs and perceptions of brand owners?
- How does molded fiber compare to alternative packaging formats
- Market data segmented by process, end-use and geographic region.