Our exclusive content
- An exploration of the opportunities that have arisen from the pandemic
- A detailed look at future developments which focus on plastic replacement and improved environmental footprints
- The brand authentication devices and systems gaining in popularity, especially in the pharmaceutical market
The total value of the folding carton market is expected to reach over $160 billion by 2026. The global carton board market, which includes both folding carton and microflute packaging, has like so many other industries suffered the effects of the global pandemic. The various end use sectors for these materials reacted differently, with sectors such as dry foods showing growth in demand as home-baking saw a resurgence in popularity, while baked products suffered a decline and personal care products remained relatively flat. Bag-in-box wines have increased in popularity and hygiene products have fared well, together with prepared foods. The report investigates the impact of COVID-19 and other factors influencing the folding carton market over the next five years, providing an overview of the challenges and opportunities that have arisen.
What will you discover?
What methodology is used?
- The key drivers and trends forcing the market to adapt in a fast paced industry
- Future developments in the folding carton industry are focusing on plastic replacement and improved environmental footprints based on legislation changes
- The impact of COVID-19 upon the industry as a whole and its expected recovery
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of targeted interviews with packaging material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
Who should buy this report?
About the author
- Raw material suppliers
- Folding carton manufacturers
- Folding carton converters
- Users of folding cartons in the packaging sector
Stephen Harrod spent eleven years building a market research company in South Africa, focused on the paper and packaging industry in that country, following which he spent six years in the paper industry with Mondi and JAC Labels before relocating to England. He has been authoring reports for Smithers since 2006, with a focus on global paper and packaging markets.