- The global market for green tires is forecast to increase from an estimated $129 billion in 2022 to $202 billion in 2027
- The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for green tires for the report period is 9%
- The main drivers of green tire demand are growing concerns and regulations relating to greenhouse gas emissions, and meeting government emissions and fuel economy requirements.
With major OEMs demanding higher sustainability performance, green tires are becoming a must-have for their sustainability. This Smithers study analyses the key trends and market adoption of green tires through 2027. The report maps out the global green tire landscape and forecast, quantifying the market by material type, end use, region and selected country. It identifies how the drive for ever lower rolling resistance, coupled with increasing uptake of electric vehicles, continues to support high growth of the green tire segment.
Our exclusive content
What will you discover?
- Even after significant previous uptake of green tires in past years, tires still make a significant contribution to fuel consumption, claim large amounts of resources to produce, and pose considerable disposal problems.
- This report delves into the required intense focus on further sustainable development. It identifies how regulatory pressures in the tire market will not relent even as the overall market is affected by disruptive factors.
The Smithers methodology
- The automotive sector’s impact on new green tire development
- Current and potential disruptive factors to the tire industry
- The reshaping of the tire industry as electric vehicle uptake continues
- Technology developments applied to evolving green tires
- Ongoing disruptions associated with COVID-19, global supply chains, and the volatile situation between Russia and Ukraine.
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of targeted interviews with tire makers and materials suppliers drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
Who should buy this report?
About the author
- Tire makers
- Producers of tire materials
- Equipment suppliers to the tire industry
- Participants in the tire markets value chain
- Industry analysts and researchers
Art Mayer has many years of experience in the tire industry, working in a variety of roles and as a contract writer and consultant covering a wide range of tire topics for Smithers and its clients. In his various roles, Art integrates primary (e.g., interviews with tire and ancillary experts and industry observers) and secondary research (e.g., databases, trade literature, financial literature) to develop customer, market, technology, and competitive insights and forecasts for clients.