Smithers' free-standing greenhouses for seedling emergence and vegetative vigor tests and complete package of pollinator, earthworm and collembola acute and reproduction tests, provides a comprehensive set of capabilities to support new active ingredient testing, reregistration projects, and plant protection products / formulations.
Smithers is one of the first laboratories to introduce reproduction tests with the red manure worm, Eisenia fetida
. We have developed an exposure system for honey bee research which closely simulates natural organism behavior observed within the hive by allowing direct and continuous contact between the worker and queen honey bees.
- Seedling Emergence and Seedling Growth - OCSPP 850.4100
- Vegetative Vigor - OCSPP 850.4150
- Terrestrial Plant Test: Seedling Emergence and Seedling Growth Test - OECD 208
- Terrestrial Plant Test: Vegetative Vigour Test - OECD 227
- Earthworm Acute - OECD 207
- Earthworm Reproduction Test - OECD 222
- Earthworm Subchronic Toxicity Test - OCSPP 850.3100
- Inhibition of Reproduction of Collembola (Folsomia candida) by Soil Contaminants - ISO 11267
- Collembolan Reproduction Test in Soil - OECD 232
- Microbial Pesticide, Non-target Insect Testing, Tier I - OCSPP 885.4340
- Microbial Pesticide, Honey Bee Testing, Tier I - OCSPP 885.4380