If you have forgotten your password, please enter your email address below and click "Reset Password". A new password will be assigned to your account and emailed to you.
Below are full business terms for Smithers Information Limited.
(1) All contracts for the supply of goods and/or other services by Smithers Information Limited (“Smithers Information”) to any person, firm or company (the “Client”, “member company” or “you” hereunder) shall be subject to these terms and conditions which shall apply to the exclusion of any terms and conditions of the Client whether in the order (for the goods/services) or in any negotiation. By placing an order with Smithers Information, Client expressly accepts Smithers Information’s terms and conditions and payment terms.
(2) No variation or amendment of these terms and conditions shall be made unless expressly agreed in writing by a duly authorised representative of Smithers Information.
(3) Smithers Information will send an acknowledgement of order as soon as it is received into the Smithers Information order system [and at this point the contract will come into existence.
(4) Credit card details and personal information is communicated using a secure internet link with SSL encryption. Smithers do not store credit card information. Smithers Information is committed to ensuring that your privacy and personal data is protected in compliance with applicable laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Visit Privacy-Policy for full details.
(1) The online event fee includes access to the live online event and tutor presentations where permission has been granted to share among participants
(2) Cancellation policies for online events are dependent on circumstances listed below:
a) If a delegate cannot attend the registration can be transferred to a colleague
b) If Smithers postpones the online event all monies will be transferred to a re-organised online event if it is scheduled within 60 days of the initial event date.
c) If Smithers cancel the event all monies will be refunded
(3) The online event includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your concerns in good time prior to the web-event date.
(4) In order to provide you with a full experience of the event, you grant Smithers the right to share your contact details with relevant event partners. We will only ever share your details with relevant parties who are participating in the event and you can change your preferences at any time by notifying us at email@example.com. Please note attendee contact details will be shared with third party sponsors and exhibitors when an attendee has visited a virtual booth,
In-Person Conferences and Events
(1) The conference fee includes entry to the conference sessions, documentation, and appropriate refreshments. Fees do not include delegates travel and accommodation. All credit card orders are processed in USD (for events taking place in US, Canada and Latin America) and GBP or Euros’ (for events in Europe and the rest of the world) at the time the transaction is processed.
(2) Credit card payment or letter of credit as determined by Smithers Information is required for bookings for conferences to be accepted. Payment must be received in full 10 days prior to the conference. Smithers Information reserves the right to refuse conference entry if payment has not been received.
(3) Event Ticket guarantees
UK and European located events:
We are optimistic that live events will return later in the year, but understand that some uncertainty regarding the resumption of business travel will persist as we move through the year. We will therefore continue to keep the options of running hybrid (live and online) and online events under constant review, whilst making every realistic endeavour to run the usual in-person event.
We will therefore be providing customers who purchase tickets with two clear guarantees:
1. If you are unable to travel closer to the event date, we will allow you to;
a) Transfer your ticket to a colleague
b) Transfer your ticket to the 2023 event and access the online version of the 2022 event if available
2. If Smithers transition the event online only, we will transfer your in-person ticket to the 2023 live event and you (or a colleague) will receive a free online ticket for 2022
Substitutions may be made at any time. Please notify the operations manager for the event
USA located events:
1. If you are unable to travel closer to the event date, we will allow you to;
a) Transfer your ticket to a colleague
b) Transfer your ticket to the 2023 event or access the online version of the 2022 event if available
2. If Smithers transition the event to online only, you will have the option to transfer 50% of your registration fee toward the live event in 2023 or add an additional colleague to attend the online event in 2022.
(4) Cancellations Policies:
UK and European located events:
Cancellations will be accepted and fees refunded (less cancellation fees as described below) only if made in writing and received more than 15 working days before the event starts.
• 16-30 working days inclusive – 50% cancellation fee applies
• More than 30 working days before event – 25% cancellation fee applies.
Bookings cannot be cancelled nor fees refunded after that time in case of non-attendance for any reason and any amounts invoiced but not yet paid will become due. Substitutions may be made at any time. Please notify the operations manager for the event. If an invoice has been issued but funds have not yet been received, the cancellation policy still applies.
(4) Sponsor and exhibitor cancellations are permitted 6 months or more prior to the event minus a 20% handling charge. No refunds can be made for any sponsor or exhibitor cancelling for any reason after this time, and full payment is still due and is non-refundable.
(5) Smithers Information does not accept liability for any loss of or damage to the personal effects of delegates attending the conference. Smithers Information’s aggregate liability to registrant, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for any damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind howsoever arising, out of or in connection with any registration in relation to a conference, whether delegate, sponsor, or exhibitor, shall be limited to the price paid by registrant attending the conference. In no event shall Smithers Information be liable to a registrant for any loss of profit, loss of damage to data, loss of anticipated savings or interest, loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill, or indirect, special, or consequential damages of any kind. Registrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Smithers Information, its parent and affiliates, and their respective employees against all loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from any act or omission by registrant during or otherwise in relation to a conference. The foregoing limitations shall be enforced to the fullest extent permitted under the governing law of this Agreement.
(6) Smithers Information reserves the right to cancel, defer or alter the proceedings without prior notice.
(7) Delegate requiring visas should request a visa invitation letter from Smithers Information at the time of registering for the event, ensuring that sufficient time is left for applications to be completed. Delegates are responsible for contacting the relevant embassy directly.
(8) Smithers Information reserves the right to make reference to delegate companies and use delegate company lists and logos in promotional material.
(9) The statements, views and opinions expressed by conference speakers, sponsors or delegates are their own and do not necessarily represent those of Smithers Information.
(10) Whether with respect to a conference or otherwise, any unauthorized use of the names, logos, trademarks or other intellectual property of Smithers Information or its affiliates is strictly prohibited.
(11) All prices are quoted and payable in USD (for events taking place in US, Canada and Latin America) and GBP or Euros (for events in Europe and the rest of the world) exclusive of shipping costs and tax which are to be paid by the Client where applicable unless specifically agreed otherwise.
(12) Different prices may be quoted to members and non-members. If the Client’s membership lapses for any reason then the price payable will be that applicable to a non-member without any apportionment in respect of the period of membership.
(13) Smithers Information shall not be held responsible for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations hereunder to the extent such delay or failure is caused by fire, flood, strike, civil, governmental or military authority, acts of God, acts of terrorism, acts of war, epidemics, the availability of a venue or other similar causes beyond its control.
(14) These terms and conditions and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio if the Agreement is with Smithers Information LLC, or the laws of England and Wales if the Agreement is with Smithers Information Limited.
COVID-19 SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT -- LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION:
While participating in events (each an “Event” and collectively, “Events”) held or sponsored by Smithers Information LLC or Smithers Information Limited (in each case, “Smithers”), “social distancing” must be practiced and any rules regarding the wearing of face coverings must be observed. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, Smithers has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, Smithers cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in or attend Events. By attending a Smithers Event, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
1. Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which may include, but not be limited to the following, fever, cough, and shortness of breath;
2. Individuals who have travelled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; or
3. Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
DUTY TO SELF-MONITOR:
Participants agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and, contact Smithers at firstname.lastname@example.org if he/she experiences symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating or volunteering with Smithers.
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS:
RELEASE AND WAIVER. I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST SMITHERS AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE EVENT.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-
19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
3. I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with the Event, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
MEDICAL ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND RELEASE. I agree that if I experience any COVID-19 symptoms during the Event, I will notify Smithers, discontinue my participation immediately and seek appropriate medical attention. I DO HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER WHICH ARISES OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY FIRST AID, TREATMENT, OR SERVICE RENDERED IN CONNECTION WITH MY PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT.
As a participant or attendee, you recognize that your participation, involvement and/or attendance at any Event is voluntary and may result in personal injury (including death) and/or property damage. By attending, observing or participating in the Event, you acknowledge and assume all risks and dangers associated with your participation and/or attendance at the Event, and you agree that: (a) the Smithers, (b) the property or site owner of the Event, and (c) all past, present and future affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, volunteers, vendors, partners, directors, and officers, of such entities (subsections (a) through (c), collectively, the "Released Parties"), will not be responsible for any personal injury (including death), property damage, or other loss suffered as a result of your participation in, attendance at, and/or observation of the Event, regardless if any such injuries or losses are caused by the negligence of any of the Released Parties (collectively, the "Released Claims"). BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
THE FOREGOING WAIVER AND RELEASE SHALL APPLY TO THE EXTENT NOT OTHERWISE PROHIBITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Publications and Reports
(1) Items which are in stock will endeavour to ship in 3 working days. Publications not available will be ordered and sent as soon as they become available. Please note that during holiday periods, delivery times can be affected. Goods are usually received within 3 working days in the UK and 7-10 working days in Europe and ROW.
(2) Receipt of PDF version of market reports shall be deemed completion of the sale in all cases irrespective of whether a hard copy is also to be provided.
(3) Post and packing charges as on the website are - £10 per order up to a maximum of 10 books, Europe including Eire - £10 per book, ROW - £20 per book.
(4) If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, Smithers Information will issue a full refund for the price paid for the item provided you contact customer services within 7 days of receipt and return any items in original condition at customer’s risk. This does not apply to market reports. Customer services will advise on how you should return the items.
By providing your personal information e.g. name, postal/email address, telephone number enables Smithers to provide you with tailored information on our services. These might include purchased products such as market reports and conference places, testing or consulting services as well as digital resources such as whitepapers, webinar and brochures. Smithers is committed to ensuring the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the governing data protection laws. Smithers will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up-to-date, retaining it only for as long as required.
We will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, provide content or a service you have requested, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests to promote the testing, consulting, information, and compliance services and/or products offered by Smithers.
A Smithers member company may on occasion transfer your personal information to another Smithers member company, in some cases outside the European Economic Area. Smithers member companies are obligated by agreement amongst themselves to protect such information and comply with applicable privacy laws. Smithers will not pass on your information gained through an engagement without your consent.
Smithers follow strict procedures to ensure your personal and financial information remain secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information, we have put in place stringent security and best practice processes to ensure your information is protected online.
Smithers will retain personal information collected from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. Smithers will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it and in accordance with the time periods found in our Data Retention Policy.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data you can exercise all of the rights available to you under the governing data protection law. You can view these rights in full on our Privacy Notice.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Smithers processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time, or raise a question or concern by emailing us at email@example.com.
FULL SMITHERS PRIVACY NOTICE
Business Development Manager, Cannabis Testing Services
Lab Director, Cannabis Testing Services
You can read more about cookies and similar technologies here.
Otherwise, you agree to the use of the cookies as they are currently set.