Aerospace Hose Assemblies
Hoses used in aerospace assemblies are subject to a range of demanding conditions in the field, including extreme temperature variability, high and surging pressure, fire exposure, and impact. The lifespan and durability needs of a particular hose or assembly can differ based on its function and where it’s located within an aircraft, so it’s crucial to ensure each one can withstand the specific rigors of its service environment.
The team at Smithers has the expertise and capabilities needed to conduct testing for various aerospace hoses and assemblies as well as the materials used in aviation hose construction.
Aerospace Testing Services
Smithers delivers expert aviation hose testing and consulting services for every step of the product development process.
Our experts can work with you to design a custom aerospace testing program to meet your aerospace hose testing needs. We can also test to a wide range of SAE standards and MIL specifications, including:
- SAE AS604 – Hose Assembly, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Metallic Reinforced, 3000 psi, 400 °F, Heavyweight, Hydraulic
- SAE AS614 – Hose Assembly, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Metallic Reinforced, 4000 psi, 400 °F, Heavy Duty, Hydraulic and Pneumatic
- SAE AS620 – Hose Assemblies, Convoluted Polytetrafluoroethylene Metallic Reinforced, High Temperature, Medium Pressure, Aircraft
- SAE AS1339 – Hose Assembly, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Metallic Reinforced, 3000 psi, 400°F, Lightweight, Hydraulic and Pneumatic
- SAE AS1946 – Hose Assembly, Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), Up to 450 °F (232 °C) and 1500 psi (10 500 KPa), Procurement Specification
- SAE AS1975 – Hose Assembly, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Para-Aramid Reinforced, 3000/4000 psi, 275 °F, Standard Duty, Hydraulic, Aircraft Systems
- SAE AS2078 – Test Methods, Hose Assemblies, Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- MIL-DTL-27261 – Accelerometer, Aircraft
- MIL-DTL-25576 – Propellant, Rocket Grade Kerosene
- MIL-DTL-26633 – Hose Assembly, Nonconductive, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Oxygen
- MIL-DTL-27267-4 – Hose, CRES Wire Reinforced, Polytetrafluoroethylene, 450 Degrees F, Medium Pressure
- MIL-DTL-5593-2 – Hose, Aircraft, Low Pressure Air and Vacuum, Flexible
- MIL-DTL-83298-4 – Hose, Conductive Polytetrafluoroethylene Tube, High Temperature, High Pressure (3000 PSI), Hydraulic and Pneumatic
- MIL-DTL-8794-3 – Hose, Synthetic Rubber – Hydraulic Fluid, Fuel, and Oil Resistant