Smithers has performed standard guideline and higher-tiered environmental studies for over 45 years. We conduct studies to satisfy all regulatory requirements globally. We continue to expand our facilities, locations, and capabilities to provide the most comprehensive environmental safety solutions.
Offerings include environmental fate, plant and animal metabolism, aquatic and terrestrial ecotoxicology (including honeybee and pollinator testing and avian toxicology), residue, analytical, and product chemistry, endocrine testing (including in vivo toxicology and in vivo ecotoxicology), and regulatory risk assessment.
For the crop protection industry we offer a variety of services to support regulatory submissions in:
- The United States (Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act — FIFRA)
- Europe (EU Directive 1107/20/EEC for Plant Protection Products)
- Canada (Pest Control Products Act and Regulations)
- Japan (Agricultural Chemicals Regulation Law)
We have the capacity and expertise to test difficult materials and confirm exposure levels in the low parts per trillion range in a variety of sediment, soil and aquatic matrices.
We support the pharmaceutical, veterinary medicine, personal care, and household product industries through:
- Environmental Risk Assessments of Medicinal Products for Human Use, in support of the EMA guidelines
- Human Health Product Development (FDA)
- The Environmental Impact Assessments Veterinary Medicinal Products in support of the EMA guidelines
- U.S. FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidance (CVM)
For the chemical industry, we conduct testing to support regulatory submissions in:
- The United States, under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Canada, under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA)
- Europe, under REACH
Smithers has worked with many of the chemical industry task forces, trade associations, and product working groups over the decades to solve unique exposure and testing requirements for different chemistries.
VISIT SMITHERS VISCIENT
Smithers Quality Assessments offers best in class environmental management system certification services that can help your company measure its impact to the environment as well as promote that it is being monitored and improved over time. If your internal and external stakeholders are considering “going green,” we offer certification services for ISO 14001 as well as other related quality and safety management system standards.
Visit Smithers Quality Assessments