Webinar first ran: 3 August 2017.
Download this recorded webinar now at the bottom of the page.
There is an increasing demand for printed packaging for cook in the pack applications. Oven temperatures may exceed 180°C for more than two hours cooking time and such usage requires specially selected packaging components including inks.
In this one hour webinar, food contact
technical expert Tony Lord will provide an overview of the legislation that applies to high temperature food packaging and inks along with technical considerations for the base materials (paper or plastics) and their relevance to the legislation.
Packaging materials must be properly risk assessed to ensure legislative compliance. An understanding of the legislation and the technical details involved in compliance testing is required to ensure that the risk assessment meets Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 requirements – Tony will outline good practice guidelines and how to optimize testing strategy.
What the webinar will cover:
- The legislation that applies to high temperature food packaging and inks
- Documentation required within the supply chain
- Technical considerations for the base materials (paper or plastics) and how these are relevant to the legislation
- Technical and legislative considerations for the inks used
- Suggested good practice guidelines and traps to avoid
- An optimised testing strategy designed to show compliance whilst minimising testing costs
- An end of discussion Q&A.
Find out more about our food contact testing
Download the webinar below: