In 2022, the majority of printed packaging was produced using analogue print technologies. Over the next five years there are growing opportunities for new digital packaging technologies in the sub-5km2 run length jobs. The trend of shorter run lengths for packaging and labels is being driven by consumer packaged goods companies that are increasing product varieties at a high rate.
This latest infographic from Smithers explores the impact of changing run lengths on printed packaging and labels, including:
• Key facts on changing run lengths
• Analogue vs digital print and implication for run lengths
• Key drivers and trends affecting run lengths in the packaging and labels sphere
• Changes in run lengths for packaging types
• Changes in run lengths by region.