Our exclusive content:
- Expert investigation into the key brand, retail and consumer trends impacting the selection and use of packaging for the next decade
- Rankings of the top ten trends in packaging, drawing on exclusive primary research
- Comprehensive analysis of current technological and process solutions expected to meet the evolving needs of the global packaging industry
What methodology is used?
A Delphi-type study was used for this report, comprising multiple rounds of survey, assessment and feedback. The process began with an extensive literature review, comprehensive patent research, data collection, discussions with experts and key stakeholder groups, all of which was cross referenced with Smithers’ own database of market information.
Interviews were targeted across the packaging value chain to include the perspectives of brands, consumers, logistics and delivery firms, converters, material suppliers, retailers, government and regulators.
Feedback from this process was then examined and analyzed to assess the current ability of the industry to meet these requirements and, further, to profile the future business models and technologies that are ideally positioned to capitalize on them.
What will you discover?
- A definitive ranking of the most influential market trends that impact packaging worldwide, over the 2017-2027 time period
- Qualitative analysis of each disruptive trend, the current state-of-the-art in technology, opportunities for new business models, unmet needs and future opportunities for service and technology providers
- A strategic blueprint of how the supply, use and disposal of packaging will change over the course of the next decade
Who should buy this report?
- Material suppliers
- Packaging converters
- Logistics and distribution chain partners