Our exclusive content
• In-depth market forecasts segmented by packaging type, end-use markets across metal packaging
• Comprehensive analysis of key market drivers and trends in the metal packaging market to 2025
• Analysis of the top 5 packaging markets in metal packaging
The global metal packaging market was valued at $117.2 billion in 2019, sales having increased overall 9.1% since 2015 when it was estimated to have a value of $107.5 billion at current US$ prices, representing an average annual value growth rate of 2.2%. In 2020 the market is estimated to contract by $4.8 billion to $112.4 billion due to COVID-19, followed by average annual growth of 3.1% to 2025 when it is forecast to have a $131.2 billion value at constant 2018 prices. The COVID-19 contraction estimate of $4.8 billion is forecast to comprise about 10% or $0.5 billion from all cans and 90% or $4.3 billion from other metal packaging, whilst the global value comprises 56% cans and 44% other metal packaging in 2019. Cans are forecast to perform well as a result of the pandemic.
What will you discover?
• A complete overview of the metal packaging and coatings market from 2020–25
• Forecasts how COVID-19 will impact the metal packaging and coatings market
• An investigation into the key industry players, and the role they play in the expanding market
Who should buy the report?
• Tinplate and aluminum suppliers
• Metal can converters
• Beverage and food brands
• Industrial packaging and bulk logistics companies,
• Packaging industry consultants and analysts
The Smithers methodology
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of interviews with targeted interviews with material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets.
This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international
trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
About the author
Mark Smyth established his company MS Can Solutions in 2019 which is an independent packaging consultancy based in France, providing business, marketing and packaging intelligence to the Packaging Industry. His experience is across R&D, engineering, commercial and strategic planning, and included various management positions in metal, glass, plastic container, and flexible packaging businesses serving beverage, food, personal care and industrial markets.