Consumer electronics must withstand a wide range of service conditions depending on function. This includes vibration
, mechanical shock
, extreme temperatures, rough handling, and more.
Consumer electronics face additional stresses based on the local climate and the ambient conditions of their storage environment. For example, outdoor products such as garage door openers may experience dramatic temperature fluctuations and must function in extreme heat or cold, while hairdryers and other bathroom appliances must endure significant humidity.
Electronics are especially vulnerable to heat and humidity, which can increase risk of dendrite growth on circuit boards, green boards, and other components.
The experts at Smithers can simulate a variety of service or environmental conditions in a laboratory setting to help you predict product performance and ensure proper function of your consumer electronics. We can work with a nearly unlimited array of products and components, including:
- Vacuum cleaners
- Products with an LCD screen, such as handheld gaming systems, televisions, baby monitors, and cameras
- Kitchen appliances, such as blenders, mixers, pressure cookers, and slow cookers
- Bathroom appliances, such as hair dryers, curling irons, straighteners, and space heaters
- Hoses, seals, and o-rings for various appliances
- Circuit boards and green boards
- Wiring harnesses
- Connectors and fiber optic cables
Our laboratories are equipped for a wide range of testing capabilities, offering great flexibility for evaluating specific performance requirements.
Other capabilities include: