The hot melt adhesives market is worth $8,210 million in 2022, growing to $9,446 million in 2027. Packaging will remain the largest segment of the market from 2022 to 2027. EVA is the largest polymer type in 2022 and will remain so through 2027. In 2022, Asia-Pacific has the largest market share and this will not change to 2027.
Hot melt adhesives represent just a certain part of the overall $60–70 billion global adhesives & sealants market. The biggest adhesives technology is water-based, followed by solvent based, hot melt, pressure sensitive and reactive systems.
This report explores the environmental advantages of hot melt adhesives, the limitations of their disposal, and the challenges surrounding compliance with regulatory authoritative requirements in terms of health, safety, and quality.
Our exclusive content
What will you discover?
- The largest players in the market and their plans for the coming five years
- Detailed analysis of sustainability regulations and trends that will affect market growth to 2027
- The impact on the market of ongoing geopolitical tensions, and how this translates to market value
- In-depth discussion of supply chain disruption and the economic implications of change.
The Smithers methodology
- Hot melt adhesives set rapidly, dispense easily and require less space to store and use
- They have a wide formulation latitude to meet a variety of cost and performance requirements
- They are temperature sensitive, meaning they soften at elevated temperatures and lose strength, as well as becoming brittle at low temperatures, and can be susceptible to creep, which can cause failure when exposed to stress.
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of targeted interviews with material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
Who should buy the report?
About the author
- Adhesives formulators
- Adhesive raw material suppliers
- Manufacturers of adhesives
- Material suppliers
- Industry consultants, investors, regulators and analysts
Bernhard Ehrenreich has previously worked at Clariant and is now an independent consultant. He realises sustainable profitable growth for pigments, additives and adjacent industries; creates successful ‘go to market’ solutions; helps in acquiring, selling, starting and closing businesses and unlocks new and existing markets.