Smithers Burst Testing
Determining the way a product will burst, or leak, is a critical consideration for manufacturers looking to identify the weak link in their applications and is usually required to meet certain quality standards.
Our global laboratories will provide the proper burst testing so that your products will perform in their applications as intended.
Burst Testing Capabilities
- Up to 30,000 psi with water or hydraulic fluids
- Room Temperature, Elevated (Hot) or cold burst testing
Common Products We Test
- Plastic hose and tubes
- Auto Fluid Transfer Systems
- Hydraulic hoses
- Deicing lines
- Garden hoses
- And more.
Our experts test to a wide range of industry, government, OEM, and MIL specifications, including:
- ASTM D380 - Standard test methods for rubber hose
- SAE J343 - Test procedure for SAE hydraulic hose and hose assemblies
- SAE 517 - Most common hoses used in hydraulic systems on mobile and stationary equipment