In 2021 the thermoplastic elastomer market is estimated to be 3.84 million tonnes and is expected to grow to 5.55 million tonnes by 2026. In 2021 the largest end use market is automotive which is estimated to be 1.69 million tonnes. In 2026 the largest end use market will still be automotive which is estimated to be 2.46 million tonnes. In 2021 Asia-Pacific had the largest share of the market at 49.63% and this is expected to increase to 50.12% of the market share by 2026.
Our exclusive content
- Impact of COVID-19 on the TPE industry. The main effect is the loss of business and reduced overall demand from a number of critical markets, such as that of the automotive industry
- Expert analysis of market developments, key trends and regulatory factors impacting the global TPE industry
- Regulatory developments that will affect the health and wellbeing of both TPE producers and end users.
The market for TPE is expected to recover to 3.84 million tonnes in 2021. This new industry report provides statistical data for the size of the global TPE industry across the leading seven TPE grades and discusses the effect of recent global events on the future of the industry. It highlights the emergent technologies and new applications creating opportunities for suppliers and compounders, such as: the replacement of plasticised PVC with SEBS-based TPE (TPS); bio-based TPE grades; dielectric elastomers and TPE foams.
What will you discover?
What methodology is used?
- In-depth analysis of the challenges facing the market, including reduced demand in the automotive sector, coupled with the reduction in the use of carbon-based raw materials, such as TPEs
- The latest technology developments and emerging recycling technologies, such as chemical recycling
- Recent developments in the competitive landscape and market opportunities
- The impact of COVID-19 and the challenges faced by the TPE medical and health care market.
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of targeted interviews with raw material suppliers, component producers and industry experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
Who should buy this report?
About the author
- Thermoplastic elastomer raw material suppliers
- Thermoplastic elastomer component producers
- Thermoplastic elastomer end users
- Private and public-sector, industry consultants, investors, and analysts.
Patrick Ellis has spent over 50 years working in the European plastics industry, in a variety of technical, marketing and management roles. He has worked for a number of multi-national organisations, including Shell, Borg-Warner, Monsanto, Hercules, Himont, Neste and the RTP Company. He has also written a number of articles on a wide range of subjects, including PP metallocene catalysts and technologies and alternative sources of lower-alpha olefins.