Our exclusive content:
- In-depth market forecasts segmented by technology, end-use and regional markets across the industrial nonwovens market
- Comprehensive analysis of key market drivers and trends in the industrial nonwovens market to 2025
- Analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on the industrial nonwovens industry.
The global sales of nonwovens for industrial applications in 2020 is $24.9 billion, consuming 84.8 billion m2 or 5.6 million tonnes. This has grown from $18.6 billion in sales, consuming 59.6 billion square metres or 4.1 million tonnes. The annual growth rates for nonwovens used in industrial applications are 6.0% (sales dollars), 6.8% (m2) or 6.7% (tonnes). In 2020, nonwovens used for industrial applications account for about 48.4% of the total sales for all nonwovens.
By 2025, the value of industrial nonwovens consumed should total $35.2 billion, for a projected growth rate (2020–25) of 7.2%. Industrial nonwovens should use 120.6 billion m2 in 2025, for a projected growth (2020– 25) of 7.8%. By 2025, tonnage consumed will increase to 8.2 million tonnes, for a projected growth (2020–25) of 7.8%.
What will you discover?
Who should buy the report?
- A complete overview of the industrial nonwovens market from 2020 to 2025
- The impacts on end-use sectors within the industrial nonwovens industry
- Three scenarios that model the impact of COVID-19 on the industrial nonwovens industry.
The Smithers methodology
- Pulp, paper and nonwovens suppliers
- Other raw material suppliers and producers
- Machinery and equipment suppliers
- Product manufacturers in industrial applications
- Private and public-sector industry consultants, investors and analysts.
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of interviews with material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
About the author:
Phillip Mango has spent almost 40 years in the nonwovens industry. He has had varying positions and areas of expertise within the industry, from applications management for the global leader in nonwoven binders to technology director for the world’s largest airlaid producer, to founder, owner and head of operations for his own nonwovens company. He entered the consulting field in 2003 and has authored more than 35 reports for Smithers.