Our exclusive content
- Data forecasts by volume and value for all major bioplastic types in packaging
- Critical analysis of production capacities and performance properties of biopolymers as a direct replacement for oil-based polymers
- Expert insight into the leading applications for bioplastics in packaging for food, beverages, food-service, and other goods.
What methodology is used?
The Future of Bioplastics for Packaging to 2024 is based on a new and in-depth market survey. This combined primary research via in-depth interviews with key participants in the polymer, biopolymer, production and packaging industries. This was supported by intensive secondary research into trade publications, company and industry websites and literature, trade association statistics, academic publications, independent, patents, etc. Market sizings and five-year forecasts were developed from these two sources. This was combined with Smithers’ existing insight and database of market information on the packaging and polymer industries to produce an unparalleled level of detail.
What will you discover?
- The market outlook and growth potential for nine major bioplastic types in food, drink, food-service and other packaging sectors
- How bioplastics compare to conventional polymers in different packaging formats and production technologies, and the leading technical developments that will drive wider adoption
- How evolution in business models and regulations will drive demand for bioplastics in packaging in key global markets
- How the competing attributes of biodegradable and non-biodegradable will shape the future for this sector.
Who should buy this report?
- Bioploymer producers
- Conventional plastics suppliers
- Bio-feedstock and precursor suppliers
- Rigid and flexible packaging converters
- Private and public-sector industry consultants, investors, and analysts.