Our exclusive content:
- Market value size and forecasts (value and volume) by world region, packaging material type and end-use sector
- A detailed analysis of the global e-commerce market, featuring internet/online shopping penetration, recent trends and ranking of key suppliers
- Review of emerging technological trends and sustainability initiatives.
The global market for e-commerce packaging is currently estimated at $51.7 billion and growing at a CAGR of 17% for a projected value of $113.5 billion by 2025.
Geographically, future growth is likely to be highest in countries/regions where the e-commerce market is at an earlier stage of development, e.g. Africa, Middle East, parts of Asia and South/Central America.
More companies are expected to develop packaging solutions specifically geared towards e-commerce applications as the market expands further.
Mobile-commerce (i.e. shopping via internet-enabled mobile devices) is likely to grow in most parts of the world, a trend that has numerous ramifications for packaging.
What will you discover?
The Smithers methodology
- The latest industry developments and forecasts of their likely and potential impact on the global market for e-commerce packaging
- An analysis of the growth of the global e-commerce industry and how the Covid-19 pandemic is likely to accelerate this trend
- Pinpoint key growth sectors and identify factors driving these changes.
This report is based on a new and exclusive assessment of how the market for e-commerce packaging has developed since 2015 and likely directions for the period leading up to 2025. Market estimates are based on primary and secondary data gathered during Smithers’s extensive research programme. Primary research included interviews and feedback from leading brand owners, as well as packaging manufacturers within the e-commerce supply chain. Secondary research included production data and trends in key end-use markets and statistics from various government and industry association websites.
Who should buy the report?
About the author:
- E-commerce brand owners and retailers
- Packaging converters
- Raw material suppliers
- Equipment/machinery suppliers
- Industry consultants and analysts.
Jonathan Thomas has worked in the market research and information field for almost 30 years and has worked with Smithers since 2016. He has worked for Key Note (a UK-based publisher of market information reports) and Leatherhead Food Research, where he was responsible for researching and authoring market reports on the food industry. While at Leatherhead, he also edited a monthly bulletin on confectionery and spoke at internal and external food industry events. During that time, he has researched and authored reports covering various sectors of the global packaging industry, as well as preparing white papers and presentations. He also wrote and edited Smithers’s Food Contact World bulletin for over two years.