The global flexible packaging market is estimated at 31.5 million tonnes in 2021, with the market having increased from 26.9 million tonnes in 2016 – an annual average growth rate of 3.3%. The global market is forecast to grow by an annual average growth rate of 3.4% to 37.5 million tonnes in 2026.
Our exclusive content
- Flexible packaging volume and value projections and the trends driving its growth
- Evaluation of technology behind technical developments in the flexible packaging industry
- Regional trends of the flexible packaging market and how regulatory changes are influencing the demand
- Impact of COVID-19 on the flexible packaging industry
This report investigates into a number of factors that are expected to influence the flexible packaging market over the next five years including economic and demographic changes, sustainability and regulatory factors, technology advances, end-use trends, packaging substrate trends and regional trends. Some of the trends within these areas that will be examined include aging population, the war on single-use plastics, smart packaging and e-commerce.
What will you discover?
What methodology is used?
- Qualitative and quantitative market forecasts by process technology, end-use and region
- Expert analysis of market development factors and broad economic influences on the flexible packaging industry to identify key drivers of growth
- Impact of sustainability regulatory developments
- Market and supply chain issues and opportunities
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of targeted interviews with packaging material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
Who should buy this report?
About the author
- Materials suppliers
- Packaging converters
- Brand owners and packaging buyers
- Packaging and filling machinery manufacturers
- Private and public-sector, industry consultants, investors and analysts
Georgy Cameron is a market analyst with Smithers and joined the team in December 2018. In her previous role, she specialised in providing clients with bespoke reports on industry trends and current and future market conditions. Since joining Smithers, Georgy has written and published market reports such as, The Future of Flexible Packaging to 2024, Active and Intelligent Packaging to 2025, The Future of Packaging to 2030, and has also carried out numerous other consulting projects.