- The total global textile market was 49.7 billion square metres in 2022 and is forecast to grow to 53.4 billion square metres in 2028 with a growth rate of 0.3% CAGR for the five years to 2028
- Within this, the global digital textile market was 3.3 billion square metres in 2022 and is forecast to grow to 5.5 billion square metres in 2028, a growth rate of 8.3% CAGR for the period 2023-2028.
Apparel, home décor, signage and technical textiles continue to be key markets for inkjet. The future prospects in this segment remain highly positive as ordering chains, consumer habits, and sustainability concerns all favour digital print production.
Drawing on extensive primary research, this report analyzes the competitive landscape, market and technology trends through to 2028. This is quantified in a highly detailed data set for digital textile printing, segmented by machine type, fabric media, end use, geographic and national markets; and includes supplementary data on substrate and ink volumes.
Our exclusive content
What will you discover?
- An assessment of the competitive landscape and an overview of current market activity
- The regulations and legislation impacting the development of digital textile printing
- Assessment of the key drivers and trends affecting the progression of the market to 2028.
The Smithers methodology
- The desire for customized products is a significant driver for the adoption of digital textile printing
- Digital textile printing continues to demonstrate strong growth opportunities for companies throughout the textile and printing supply chain
- This study provides in-depth analysis of the evolving marketplace for digital textile printing equipment, with a focus on key growth segments and market drivers
- It looks at the impact of market growth and technical innovation on inks, media and 25 end-use segments.
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of targeted interviews with material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
Who should buy the report?
About the author
- Textile printing equipment manufacturers Ink and dye formulators and suppliers
- Specialist textile media producers and distributors
- Print service providers and buyers in the apparel and textile signage markets
- Brand owners, retailers and other high-value textile users
- Industry consultants, investors, and analysts
Jon Harper Smith has over 15 years’ experience in the printing industry through his time working with Fujifilm and has extensive experience of industrial and package printing businesses with particular focus on industrial inkjet and flexo processes. He has a proven ability to develop complex cross-border businesses involving the provision of highly technical products that meet strict end user specifications.