- Global print equipment sales are expected to decline (-0.5% CAGR) to just over $16 billion in 2028
- Africa will see the biggest growth (+7.8% CAGR), reaching over $504 million by 2028
- Globally, heatset lithography will see the largest decline from 2023 to 2028 (-12.5% CAGR).
This report covers new printing machinery and associated equipment for commercial, packaging and production printing processes.
The report explores analogue printing as well as digital print processes and focuses on print-for-profit (including in-plant printing operations). It examines the market for pre-press and post-press finishing equipment that is used as part of the overall print process.
The focus of this report is on the print equipment used for commercial, packaging and production printing by print service providers (PSPs) and by packaging converters. The report also discusses the growing importance of service, support, software and consumables to the business and profitability of print equipment suppliers.
Our exclusive content
What will you discover?
- By 2028, sales of digital equipment are expected to grow (+1.4%) but conventional equipment is to decline (-1.4%)
- This report includes in-depth analysis of the 20 largest equipment markets, with market outlook to 2028
- The US will remain the largest national print equipment market and is forecast to reach $3.4 billion by 2028
- Sales of flexography print equipment are expected to grow to 2028 (+1.7% CAGR)
The Smithers Methodology
- A consolidated view of the volume and value of the global market for print equipment
- The key drivers and developments, and their combined effect on key print segments and geographic markets
- Trends that impact regional markets, and how these differ from other regions
- Accurate historical data and forecasts by regional market and by print process for the period 2018 to 2028.
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of targeted interviews with material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
Who should buy this report?
About the author
- Raw material and consumables suppliers
- Printing machinery and equipment suppliers
- Consultants and analysts
Jon Harper Smith has over 15 years’ experience in the printing industry through his time working with Fujifilm and has extensive experience of industrial and package printing businesses with particular focus on industrial inkjet and flexo processes. He has a proven ability to develop complex cross border businesses involving the provision of highly technical products that meet strict end user specifications.