- The total number of employees in the print industry shrank by nearly 15% from 2018 to 2022
- In 2022, Asia had over 60% of all employees in the print industry
- Asia had nearly 65% of the companies in the print industry in 2022
- From 2018 to 2022, the number of companies in Asia shrank by nearly 13%
The printing industry has been undergoing major changes in recent years, with different regional factors at play related to the maturity of the respective print markets. This expert report examines the state of the print industry around the world, focusing on historic and current company and employment data, as well as examining trends in terms of company size, printer revenues, and other key indicators.
Our exclusive content
What will you discover?
- Data and analysis on the evolving landscape for print service providers in key national regional and national markets worldwide; and how changes in print demand can generate new commercial opportunities for print OEMs, suppliers of consumables, ancillary products, and services.
- Assessment of the current and future market for print products, in graphics, packaging, and publications.
The Smithers methodology
- How each of the top 10 drivers and trends affecting print buying and press room operation will help reshape the industry across 2023-2028
- Specific growth sectors and crucial factors driving change for print service providers
- For the most part, the global printing industry is dominated by small companies with fewer than five employees, although their share of overall revenues is less significant.
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of targeted interviews with material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
Who should buy the report?
About the author
- Raw material suppliers
- Equipment and machinery suppliers
- Paper and consumables suppliers
- Industry consultants and analysts
Jon Harper Smith has over 15 years’ experience in the printing industry through his time working with Fujifilm and has extensive experience of industrial and package printing businesses with particular focus on industrial inkjet and flexo processes. He has a proven ability to develop complex cross border businesses involving the provision of highly technical products that meet strict end user specifications.