Due to the ever-changing environments in which they operate, materials used in automotive
and industrial components
can be susceptible to fluids affecting performance characteristics and safety.
Our test equipment has been developed and is proven to be flexible to satisfy demanding test criteria. We have an extensive range of fluids available that include:
- Fuel vapor
- Hydraulic, brake, and transmission fluids
- Aviation fuels and fluids
These fluids can be applied over a wide temperature range. Components or material samples of various dimensions and geometry, ranging from fabrics to large components, can be tested in various chamber sizes. In addition, our laboratories offer an extensive range of material
and product testing
capabilities. We can test in dynamic applications with pumped or pressurized fluids or in static applications, both in a broad temperature range.
Industries We Serve
Our experts can provide fluid compatibility testing to a number of recognized industry standards — including ASTM, ISO, SAE, Fed, MIL, DEF, FDA, and OEM. We can also design custom testing protocols based on the unique service environment of your product or material.
- ASTM D471 — Standard Test Method for Rubber Property — Effect of Liquids
- ISO 1817 — Rubber, vulcanized or thermoplastic — Determination of the Effect of Liquids
- RTCA DO-160G — Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment
- MIL-STD-810G — Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
- DEF STAN 00-35 — Environmental Handbook for Defense Material