Due to the everchanging environments in which they operate, automotive
, and industrial products must be able to perform even when exposed to accidental or deliberate fluid contamination, or when material degradation due to fluid susceptibility can lead to premature failure.
Industries We Serve
Our experts can provide fluid compatibility testing to a number of recognized industry standards—including ASTM, ISO, SAE, Fed, MIL, FDA, and OEM. We can also design custom testing protocols based on the unique service environment of your product or material.
Our test equipment has been developed and is proven to be flexible to satisfy demanding test criteria. We have an extensive range of fluids available that include:
- Fuel vapor
- Hydraulic, brake, and transmission fluids
- Aviation fuels and fluids
These fluids can be applied over a wide temperature range. Components or material samples of various dimensions and geometry, ranging from fabrics to large components, can be tested in various chamber sizes. In addition, our laboratories offer an extensive range of material and product testing
capabilities. We can test in dynamic applications with pumped or pressurized fluids or in static applications, both in a broad temperature range.
- ASTM D2000 — Standard Classification System for Rubber Products in Automotive Applications
- ASTM D471 — Standard Test Method for Rubber Property—Effect of Liquids
- ISO 1817 — Rubber, vulcanized or thermoplastic — Determination of the effect of liquids
- MIL-DTL-25988 — Rubber, Fluorosilicone Elastomer, Oil-and-Fuel Resistant, Sheets, Strips, Molded Parts, and Extruded Shapes
- SAE J1748 — Methods for Determining Physical Properties of Polymeric Materials Exposed to Hydrocarbon Fuels or Their Surrogates and Their Blends with Oxygenated Additives