Expert-led polymer courses for product designers, converters and end-users
Material selection, product design and manufacturing technologies have a significant impact on the performance of polymer components and products. Our courses are designed to provide an understanding of materials, technology and regulations. This helps build confidence and understanding - helping delegates make informed, cost-effective product and design development choices, boosting end product quality and reducing the chance of failure.
How are courses delivered?
Access our expertise via:
- Public courses: We have a regular schedule of open courses both online and in person.
- Tailored and incompany training: We can also tailor our course programmes to your individual products and materials, then deliver the training online, at your company or venue of your choice.
What do our courses cover?
- Materials technology including: plastics materials, plastics technology, rubber technology, rubber materials and applications, silicone elastomers and polyurethane technology.
- Polymer processing including: injection moulding and extrusion technology
- Recycling and sustainability including: recycling plastics and managing their environmental Impact
- Managing material durability and failure prevention including: polymer durability in critical applications, investigating failures in plastic and rubber components
- Regulations including: the impact of EU Regulations on the use of polymer materials in medical devices and food contact
Who should attend?
Attendees tend to be those working in roles such as product development, product design, quality, process engineers, technical services, procurement, technical sales and regulatory affairs.
What our delegates say
“The skill set of the providers is clearly world class and it has been a privilege to listen to them”
Rikki Speakman (Diageo Global Supply)
“I would give it 5*. Brilliant atmosphere, interesting lab experience, delicious lunch, beautiful location”
Olga Koprowska (Cambridge Weight Plan)
“Lots of information in a short time”
Richard Nilsson (Tetra Pak)
“One of the best courses I have attended”
Patrick McHugh (Fibrax Ltd)
“Fantastic course and will promote within my company”
Matthew Hall (Xylem Water Services Ltd)
“Course better than most. Has given a greater insight into what happens inside an extruder and will enable me to fault find quicker and improve running conditions”
Darren Manoharan (Zotefoams Plc)
“Really good and presenters were excellent too, made it easier to tackle difficult regulatory issues”
Hanna Peltonen (Hexpol Compounding UK Ltd)
“Presentation of material excellent and a lot of information supplied. Good pointers to follow up material”
Paul Fram (Princess of Wales Hospital)
“Excellent, it is great how we managed to cover so many topics in such a short time”
Giuliano Tari (Kingfisher)