Our polymer specialists support you along every step of the product development process, from raw material selection and analysis to rapid-response troubleshooting and field-performance evaluations.
Smithers delivers a wide range of technical consulting services for rubber and plastic products and materials, including:
- Raw material selection, evaluation and analysis
- Design evaluation
- Chemical analysis
- Failure and forensic analysis
- Deformulation and reverse engineering
- Process selection and development
- Processing support
- Expert witness and litigation support
- Product benchmarking and comparison
- Physical properties analysis
- Performance analysis
- Import and material sourcing support
- Laboratory and plant technology audits
As well as performing testing and analysis of specific rubber materials and processes, our team supports research and development of rubber products including:
- Conveyor belts
- Powertrain transmission belts and v-belts
- Motor mounts
- Air springs
- Resins for rubber
- Raw materials
In addition to supporting individual products, our experts are able to consult from a broader industry-level perspective with support from our global network of polymer laboratories and having expertise in automotive and motorsport applications, aerospace, construction industries, pharmaceutical, medical and much more.
Get in touch with one of our consultants today and find out more about how we can help you.