Our exclusive content:
- Exclusive market data for current and future demand for printed labels
- Dedicated analysis of future growth segmented across five label and sleeve formats, nine print processes, eight end-use applications, and 30 geographic and national markets
- In-depth profiles of key market and technology trends shaping the evolution of this print segment
What methodology is used?
This new study is based on Smithers’ deep expertise of the printing and packaging industries, focused via a dedicated new market survey. Primary research for the study included targeted interviews with key opinion formers and technical experts across the label print industry. This was combined with extensive secondary research of evolving markets both within the label industry and of broader market drivers, including demographic shifts, retail trends and brand owner priorities.
Input from these two sources was combined with Smithers’ existing database of data on the print, packaging and related markets. This was moderated and informed by input from our in-house team of consultants to produce critical market forecasts for the evolution of the label print market through to 2024.
What will you discover?
- Historic, current and forecast demand for all key formats of printed labels (including shrink and stretch sleeves), in over 250 data tables and figures
- The current state of the art in narrow-web print equipment design and how this can be developed to support future profitability
- What print processes are best positioned to meet the latest brand, retailer and regulatory requirements for labels
- Which key regional and national markets will experience the greatest surge in demand across 2019-2024.
Who should buy this report?
FREE report - THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE PRINTING INDUSTRY
- Narrow-web and label print machine manufacturers
- Ink and label substrate suppliers
- Packaging converters and print service providers
- Suppliers of finishing equipment
- Industry consultants, investors, and analysts.
When purchasing a copy of this report you will also recieve a free copy of our brand new report THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE PRINTING INDUSTRY.
COVID-19 will create permanent changes in printing demand. This new report builds upon solid socio-economic data and expert technical/market insight to assess the magnitude of these changes.
The report presents three scenarios, and models how the markets are likely to evolve in the immediate short-term and over the next five years, based on an in-depth assessment for each printed product, print process and geographic region.
The three scenarios – mild impact, probable impact and pessimistic – each show a fall in print demand, with labels and packaging least affected. Publishing output will fall most accelerating the existing decline, although there are short-term boosts for books. In commercial print lower marketing spend by businesses in recession depresses demand with volume and values falling, packaging and labels will grow but at a lower rate than previously forecast.
As part of the methodology, Smithers experts – led by Dr. Sean Smyth - interviewed printing and packaging companies across the global value chain (including equipment, paper, ink and plate suppliers) to ensure the market data and analysis is grounded in reality. The economic foundation of the model is the April forecast from the IMF.
There will be major industry re-structuring with weak print companies and suppliers failing as demand falls. Remaining companies will innovate and diversify, producing PPE equipment an early example as companies collaborate and widen the range of products and services they offer, with routes to market changing toward on-line.
This report is a critical tool to help navigate this disruption, identify potential threats as well as opportunities, and aid strategic planning as the entire printing industry faces a truly disruptive event that will accelerate many longer-term trends.
Smithers is providing THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE PRINTING INDUSTRY
immediately to existing customers of this report.