This course is designed for those wishing to gain an insight into this growing class of polymer materials. Participants will learn the essential properties of TPEs and the different sub classes together with their advantages and disadvantages. Reference will be made to the increasing influence in food contact and medical device applications.
This course will take place over two days commencing at 9am on the first day and finishing at 3.30pm on the second day.
- Make informed decisions when selecting TPEs
- Understand the different types of TPEs, their advantages and disadvantages.
- Recognise the limitations of TPEs
- Understand the structure and nature of TPEs
- Understand the properties of TPEs vs thermosetting rubbers
- Introduction to Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE)
- Classes of TPE
- Performance of TPE compared to traditional rubbers/ elastomers
- Material selection of TPEs
- Designing with TPEs
- Medical Applications
- Food Contact Applications
- Two Shot Moulding
Who will benefit?
- Those new to TPEs or wishing to gain a better understanding of the subject.
- Those involved in product design, engineering, quality, technical support as well as manufacturers of TPEs
- Anyone involved in the supply chain needing to enhance their understanding
You can read more about our presenters by clicking on their expert profiles
What our delegates say
"I was more than happy that I attended this course since it was very interesting, I met experienced people as well as visited the different labs to see the facilities"
Maria Filippousi (Atlas Copco Airpower)
Nicholas Bennett (Hydraelectric)
Questions and queries
Please contact Kerry Haralambou